Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant
Watts Healthcare Corporation is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) located in Watts CA. We are currently seeking a qualified Nurse Practitioners or Physician Assistant for our School Based Wellness Clinics. Our NP/PA is responsible for providing direct primary and supportive care to an ethnically and socially diverse patient population in accordance with protocols, policies and procedures; and ensuring quality of care and services. Depending upon assignment the incumbent may treat adults, children/adolescents, obstetric and/or gynecological patients.
- Serves as an advocate for the patient and family through all facets of accessing care at the clinic and elsewhere, ensures the interest and wishes of the patient are represented; ensures patient has the information to make informed decisions about treatment.
- Discusses cases with physicians and other professional and support staff regarding care and treatment of patients; prepares and submits health care plans and goals of individual patients for review and evaluation by physician.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of the care plan through observation of patient’s physical condition and behavior, symptoms of illness and reactions to treatment; communicates with patient and other members of the health team and modifies treatment plan as needed.
- A valid registered nurse license or PA license from the State of California, with no pending or previous disciplinary action from any state licensing entity.
- Certification as a Nurse Practitioner in adult, family, pediatric or OB/GYN services.
- Ability to perform clinical and patient support duties within established guidelines in an organized, efficient manner.
- Basic knowledge of local, state and federal regulations relating to care of patients in a clinic setting; and prior experience with county, state and federal programs such as CHDP, FPACT, ECW, Medi-Cal and Title X is preferred.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Excellent fringe benefits, including paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, dual option health options, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, retirement program and educational assistance.