Watts Healthcare Corporation. is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) located in Watts, CA providing health services to our surrounding communities. We have an immediate opening for a Senior HR Representative in the Corporate the Human Resources Department. This position reports to the Interim Director of Human Resources.
This position is ideal for those who understand the business impact of Human Resources on an operation, are comfortable carrying out compliant HR programs, have a demonstrated ability to resolve issues and have utilized metrics to measure the success of HR.
- Recruit candidates for positions in assigned areas; selects staff and provides orientation for new staff members; utilizes broad range of recruitment sources to meet staffing needs and compliance. Monitors applicant logs and ensures appropriate selection criteria are established for each open position.
- Advise management in regard to employee retention efforts.
- Acts to ensure compliance with CA State and Federal applicable statutes and regulations relateed to HR.
- Participate in developing staff training materials and presentations for the organization.
- Keeps management and staff advised of new regulations and company policies related to human resources.
- Administers employee benefit plans on the local level based on eligibility as defined by company programs and client contracts. Ensure monthly plan reconcilement.
- Utilize Ceridian HRIS systems to input and extract data (I.e. Monthly/Quarterly reports, EEO, Benefits, LOA’s, status changes, etc.).
- Team lead benefits, leave of absence and workers’ compensation programs.
- Participate in unemployment, wage/hour and EEOC hearings.
- Advises employees and management on the interpretation of human resources policies, programs, procedures, and applicable laws and regulations (Union and Non-Union).
- Analyzes and provides advice to supervisors and managers on methods and approaches to resolve employee work problems; as directed – (Union and Non-Union)
- Conducts employee counseling and disciplinary procedures, as needed – (Union and Non-Union)
- Performs tasks and duties of a strategic nature and scope as required.
- 7+ years of progressive Human Resources experience
- Knowledge CA State and Federal laws and regulations related to HR (i.e. Recruitment, Benefits, Compensation, Leaves of Absence, Wage & Hour, Workers’ Comp, etc.)
- Demonstrated knowledge of recruiting practices, techniques and sources.
- Thorough understanding of standard HR office procedures and practices while directing the work of others.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to instruct and transfer knowledge via group presentation.
- Strong computer software knowledge to enhance office productivity (MS Office Suite, cloud computing/social media, Ceridian HRIS, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to conduct routine counseling, disciplinary and investigation fact gathering (Union and Non-Union).
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret various internal and external documents and reports.
- Ability to write reports and correspondence in a clear and concise manner.
- Proven ability to organize work to meet deadlines and effectively meet business goals.
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with emotional or confrontational circumstances.
- Ability to be an effective team member and handle projects responsibly
- Strong customer and results orientation.
We’d like to hear from you if this sounds like the opportunity for you! EOE