The operational hours for the MCH Department will be from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Prenatal Care Services
Quality prenatal care services are available by visiting the MCH Program. Here we guide the patient through the steps of starting prenatal care and orient her to all of the services available during her pregnancy and postpartum. Also, as part of routine prenatal care, patients are offered Comprehensive Perinatal Services Program (CPSP) services.
CPSP is a statewide program that provides pregnant Medi-Cal beneficiaries with culturally competent services provided by OB/GYN Providers, MCH Case Managers trained and certified as Comprehensive Perinatal Health Workers (CPHW’s), a Health Educator, a Registered Dietitian and a Social Worker.
- Obstetrics in conjunction with OB/GYN Clinic
- Prenatal Classes
- Nutrition assessments
- Health education assessments
- Psychosocial assessments
- On-site Medi-Cal enrollment
MCH Case Managers certified as Family Planning Health Workers, provide Family Planning Counseling to eligible patients under Family PACT, Medi-Cal and Managed Care Plans. Patients are seen in OB/GYN Department for clinical services.
- Contraceptive Methods (including Abstinence)
- Emergency Contraception
- STD Testing and Treatment for most STD’s
- Pregnancy Testing and Counseling
- Sterilization (referred out)
- HIV Testing
- Limited female and male cancer screening
- Education and Counseling
- Annual Screening Mammogram for women 40 and older.
Breast Cervical Cancer Detection Program
Breast Cancer Screening services for eligible women ages 40 and older and Cervical Cancer Screening Services for eligible women ages 25 and older. Eligibility based on age, income and health insurance status.
- Breast exams and Mammograms
- Pap Smears and Pelvic Exams
- Additional Diagnostic Exams for abnormalities
- Enrollment into (No Cost) Breast and Cervical Cancer Treatment Program if there is a cancer diagnosis