Watts Healthcare Corporation (WHCC) offers WIC services in Los Angeles, Compton, and Huntington Park. WIC is the Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) Supplemental Nutrition Program which serves low income pregnant, breastfeeding, and postpartum women and children under age five who have a nutritional need. WIC is a federally funded program and is administered by the California Department of Health Services.
WIC services are available to anyone who lives in California and meets the program guidelines regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability or immigration status. Women are encouraged to enroll into WIC as soon as they learn they are pregnant.
The goals of the WIC Program are:
- To decrease the complications of pregnancy;
- To prevent low birth weight babies;
- To decrease iron deficiency anemia; and
- To promote optimum growth and development of infants and young children.
WIC Program Services Include:
- Special WIC checks for nutritious foods,
- Nutrition education (available online),
- Breastfeeding education and support, and
- Referrals to health care and other community services.
Watts Healthcare Corporation’s (WHCC) WIC Program has five WIC locations:
Watts Health Center WIC
10300 Compton Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90002
Phone: (323) 568-3070
1900 N. Long Beach Blvd. Suite 106
Compton, CA 90221
Phone: (310) 639-3061
700 W. Imperial Hwy.
Los Angeles, CA 90044
Phone: (323) 241-1780
Huntington Park WIC
6601 Rugby Ave. 2nd Floor
Huntington Park, CA 90255
Phone: (323) 587-6713
1985 W. Adams Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90018
Phone: (323) 766-6200