- Develops and implements policies and plans for the primary care and evaluative services of the Programs.
- Must be able to handle a patient load of 15-22 per day which includes a mixed patient population.
- Examines and diagnose patients for treatment or evaluative purposes in a fixed medical setting.
- Position requires being a positive role model, ensuring that staff follow Watts Healthcare Corporation policies and procedures.
- Works collaboratively with physicians, staff and administration to improve clinical outcomes and quality of care. This position provides leadership within the organization and ensures that the delivery of care is efficient and effective.
- Must be familiar with E-Clinical Works (training will also be provided).
- Consults with other Physicians, Specialist and Para-professional personnel regarding care of patients and medical diagnostics.
- Supervises and reviews the care provided by mid-level providers and students.
- Conducts specialized research, special studies and services upon appropriate approval.
- Assist in the administrative responsibilities for budget preparation procuring and evaluating equipment and supplies.
- Provides consultative services to other Watts HealthCare Corporation departments.
- Considers the influence of socioeconomic and environmental factors in the assessment and development of treatment plans for acute and chronic disease.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Possess the legal requirements for the practice of medicine in CA as determined by the CA Board of Medical Examiners, including a current CA state license, DEA certificate, and current CPR card.
- Board certified/eligible with current certificate in Internal Medicine or Family Practice.
- 5 years of experience in a primary care environment.
- Previous work experience should demonstrate adaptability to changing priorities and excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills required.
- Valid California driver’s license and proof of auto liability insurance.