- Establishing and adhere to program goals and objectives.
- Establishing peer counseling program protocols, policies and procedures.
- Coordinates training of peer counselors and WIC Nutrition Assistant Staff.
- Compiles documentation records, data and coordinates the preparation of reports as appropriate.
- Counsel WIC pregnant and breastfeeding mothers by telephone, home visits, and/or hospital visits and in the WIC clinic as scheduled.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition or other health related field.
- Minimum of two (2) year’s work experience in breastfeeding, individual counseling and teaching classes.
- Must have completed Certified Lactation Educator (CLE) training.