- Teach support group attendees how to strengthen their relationships, reduce their risk of sexually transmitted infections (STIs), and how to avoid having an unexpected pregnancy, STI or HIV infection.
- Complete 8 hours of group facilitation training and observe at least 2 different support groups.
- Know the study of inclusion/exclusion criteria and conduct sensitive screening interviews that will identify appropriate participants.
- Track and report support group attendance and other appropriate information as requested on a weekly basis.
- Comply with timely and accurate maintenance of patient records as required by the organizational policy and procedure and external regulatory agencies.
- Ensure that all participants receive professional and effective service in accordance with departmental standards to assure that the highest quality of standard is achieved.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors in Social Service or related field from a recognized college or university.
- Previous experience organizing and facilitating support groups. Previous work experience with participants in a health or social service setting (2-3 years’ experience preferred).