- Provide direct lactation services to pregnant and breastfeeding WIC participants in the clinics, by telephone, and during home visits.
- Overseas the clinical components of the Breast Feeding Peer Counselor Program (BFPC).
- Coordinates and assists in the training of peer counselors.
- Assesses the need for hospital and or home visits and provides appropriate breastfeeding support as needed.
- Provides in-services and trainings on breastfeeding to all WIC staff as needed.
- Refers mothers, according to the WHCC-WIC protocols, to the WIC Nutritionist/RD, the mother’s physician or nurse, public health programs in the community and social service agencies as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have the International Board Certified Lactation Consultant credential (IBCLC).
- Minimum of three (3) years’ work experience in breastfeeding individual counseling and teaching classes.