- Prepares and submits clean claims to various insurance companies either electronically or by paper.
- Answers questions from patients, clerical staff and insurance companies.
- Evaluates patient’s financial status and establishes budget payment plans. Follows and reports status of delinquent accounts.
- Performs various collection actions including contacting patients by phone, correcting and resubmitting claims to third party payers.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality; adheres to all HIPPA guidelines/regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma.
- Knowledge of medical billing/collection practices.
- Knowledge of basic medical coding and third-party operating procedures and practices.