- Interview clients for intake work-ups and social history.
- Assume responsibility for a full caseload of clients with regularly scheduled counseling appointments.
- Provide case management and individual counseling services to clients and family.
- Collect and document submission of urine samples.
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS counseling.
- Responsible for providing substance abuse counseling and rehabilitation services under the direction of the Supervising Counselor.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED. Certificate in substance abuse counseling (CCAPP).
- MINIMUM of one (1) year experience as a counselor or equivalent position in substance abuse recovery program.
SEIU 721 Position (Union)