- Determines dietary needs of patients from information gathered from consultation with medical staff, patient charts and other sources.
- Calculates special diet orders necessary for patients.
- Observes, analyzes and records diet programs and patient responses to diets served to evaluate effectiveness of dietary programs. Dietary information is then used to determine necessary changes or supplemental feeding and to provide information for medical purposes.
- Conducts classes in nutrition as related to diseases i.e., weight control, diabetes, HIV/AIDs etc.
- Gives lectures to various community groups, agencies and schools on nutritional issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Food and Nutrition of Dietetics and completion of an approved internship program by the American Dietetic Association. Master’s degree preferred.
- Must be a Registered Dietitian and have at least (3) years’ experience providing educational programs or services in the field of nutrition.