- Prepare monthly journal entries, review and research account transactions. Performs analysis and the reconciliation of general ledger accounts for assigned functional areas.
- Conduct department and grants/contract expense analysis.
- Participate in monthly meetings with department heads and grant/contract management to review budgets, financials and other reports.
- Research issues, clarify information and prepare data.
- Protects organization values by keeping information confidential.
- Responsible for special projects to improve process efficiency and performance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS in Finance or Accounting from an accredited college/university. CPA or MBA a plus.
- At least five (5) years of experience in accounting and/or financial analysis, preferably in a healthcare non-profit organization.
- Extensive Excel skills and financial software expertise including graphing, pivot table utilization and downloading of data from software, i.e. electronic health record software.
- Familiarity with GAAP rules, regulations and government cost principles.