- Assign, register and process clients through all phases with DPSS and other agencies. Assist clients with forms, applications and other paperwork required by agencies and service organizations. Assist/prepare reports for various regulatory agencies and/or internal departments.
- Collaboration and coordination with Case Management services, to include developing housing, employment training resources, advocacy of criminal justice system and developing discharge plans.
- Provide group and individual counseling and required documentation within required/specified timeframe.
- Document, maintain and review client files, applying quality assurance criteria.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree in Social Services preferred.
- Certified or Registered Substance Abuse Counselor (with DHCS approved certifying organization).
- Three years minimum experience as an AOD Counselor or equivalent position in a substance recovery program.