- Development, analysis, and interpretation of statistical and accounting information in order to report operating results in terms of profitability, performance against budget, and other matters bearing on the fiscal soundness and operating effectiveness of the organization.
- Responsible for evaluating the performance of personnel in the Finance and Analysis Department. This individual recommends training requirements, has the duty to keep the staff at the highest level of skill necessary to meet organization needs and objectives, and may recommend that personnel be hired or removed from the Department.
- Maintains the company’s system of accounting and keeps books and records on all organization transactions and assets according to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Establishes department objectives and policies to produce timely and accurate reports that outline the organization’s financial position in the areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and future operations.
- Coordinates and prepares the budget and financial forecasts, institutes and maintains other planning and control procedures (including the cash flow reports), analyzes and reports variances.
- Is responsible for assuring WHCC transactions are accounted for in compliance with government guidelines for all qualifying federal business.
- Furnishes internal reports, proposes revisions and updates of reports to be more useful and efficient, and furnishes external reports as deemed necessary by the Chief Financial Officer.
- Determines depreciation rates to apply to capitalized items.
- Prepares supporting schedules for prepaid insurance asset and coverage in place for protection against property losses and potential liabilities.
- Works with all auditors and regulators providing the information necessary for performing reviews of the organization’s overall operations and financial statements. Ensures that sufficient internal controls are in place to protect company assets.
- Assists in the completion of the annual federal UDS Report and State of California OSHPD Utilization Reports.
- Will assist Medicare/Medi-Cal cost report and IRS 990 preparers by providing essential data and analysis required.
- Assist Chief Financial Officer in corrective action steps and assuring financial policy and procedures are in effect to avoid reportable issues in the future.
- Perform other duties as assigned within the scope of job duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary by the Chief Financial Officer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related major from a recognized university. Masters/CPA certification preferred.
- Minimum of five+ years of experience in financial management. Knowledge of accounting provisions of the United States Government (A-110, A-122, A-133), and major community health contracting agencies and grant sources.
- Technical expertise in development and maintenance of accounting and internal control systems. Advanced productivity software skills and computer applications (i.e. Solomon, spreadsheets and word processing software).
- Excellent team leadership, participatory management, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, and command of English language communication skills both oral and written.
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment with knowledge of community health finance issues.
- Must have experience working with non-profit organizations.