It is my honor to welcome you to Watts Healthcare Corporation, and to share our accomplishments as I marvel at the incredible path we have journeyed for over five decades on the behalf of our patients and community.
Our story began in 1967. With a small number of private physician offices in the South Los Angeles area, the only access to public health care at the time was the County Department of Health Services. In response to the growing need in our community, Watts Healthcare has grown from its flagship clinic –Watts Health Center, to become one of the most comprehensive private nonprofit, community-based organizations in the nation.
We are recognized at the local, state and national levels as a leader. Some of our accomplishments include:
- Addressing successful approaches to reduce health disparities in one of the most disenfranchised and marginalized communities in the nation;
- Achieving a comprehensive state of the art patient centered Diabetes Care program recognized by the American Diabetes Association (ADA);
- Developing a quality and safety first health center program with recognition from the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) as a Patient Centered Medical Home Level: 3, highest achievable;
- Sustaining one of the most historic Substance Use Disorder and ultimately, Integrated Behavioral and Social Services Programs with a barrage of committed local alumni and nationally recognized program staff leadership;
- Attaining stable program infrastructure while providing the most effective Managed Care Services that improve the experience of our patients, address population health and lower cost to the health care system at large; and
- Acquiring and maintaining one of the most diversified, culturally appropriate and quality focused Workforces in the entire Health Center Program.
We are incredibly grateful for the spirit that has infused our growth from the start and are thankful to our patients, associates, collaborators and our community. We could not accomplish what we have done without your support and partnership.
Watts Healthcare Corporation is a testament to what can be accomplished when there is a sincere desire to serve. It is an exciting time for us. As the organization continues to grow, we serve exponentially more in our community with a focus on significance. I want everyone to note our relevance during the late 1960s, our relevance during the formation of the Watts Healthcare Corporation from 2003 – 2017, celebrating the 50th anniversary in 2017 and our continued relevance in the future. Our passionate staff have remained committed to the mission while focused, motivated and responsive. We have faced many challenges, not the least of which have been the ever evolving changes in the healthcare industry. Yet we continue to forge ahead to meet these changes and prepare for a new era in our history without compromising our mission. We will remain steadfast as we endeavor to be solution oriented for our community and remain ever relevant in the provision of value based quality care to our patients.
Roderick Seamster, MD, MPH
President & Chief Executive Officer